Are you suffering from painful and uncomfortable toothaches? What is causing your painful toothaches? Typically, a toothache is the result of damaged nerve endings, which indicated damage to the pulp of a tooth. Listed below are a few signs and symptoms you should constantly check for if you feel like you are suffering from a toothache:
– Does your tooth still hurt 24 hours after taking pain medications?
– Are you still in pain 24 hours after a tooth extraction?
– Is your face swelling and the area around the tooth severely inflamed?
– Do you notice any discharge or signs of an abscess?
– Are you feeling any jaw pain or pain in head and neck area as well?
– Does the toothache continually return after treating it?
– Most toothaches are the result of a breach tooth enamel, which is how the pulp may have got infected. Look for signs that your tooth enamel is cracked or split.
– If severe pain continues, schedule a visit with your dentist as soon as possible.
If you take care of your teeth correctly, they can last an entire lifetime. If you would like to speak with Dr. Michael Nguyen and our team about toothache treatments, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office of North Texas Dental in Sherman, Texas, by calling 903-893-2800. We will do our best to help you in any way we can.