Putting a smile on your face can make you feel happier. But dental issues can make you less than confident about your grin. At North Texas Dental in Sherman, we can help you transform your smile for a natural look that makes you want to beam with pride.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Putting your best face forward is not always easy if you have functional or cosmetic problems with your teeth. The way that your teeth and jaw are structured impact the shape, definition and movement of your face. Dental problems can affect the way that you look, even when you are not smiling. Moreover, oral imperfections can influence the way that you speak, chew, and — yes — smile.
A smile makeover in Sherman, Texas, is a customized treatment plan that rejuvenates your teeth and jaw to improve their appearance, function and comfort. The procedures that are used in a smile makeover depend on the patient’s dental history and desired results. In some cases, one procedure will deliver the desired results. Many patients require a multifaceted approach to produce the best results.
Some of the techniques that we use to restore smiles at our dental office include:
- Dental veneers
- Implant dentistry
- Dental bonding
- Invisalign® clear aligners
- Teeth whitening
- Tooth extraction
- Gum treatment
What Dental Problems Can a Smile Makeover Correct?
Every smile makeover is different because each patient in the Denison and Sherman area has distinct dental issues and desired results. Some of the most common dental problems that a smile makeover can revise are as follows:
- Tooth color — If your teeth are dull, yellow, stained or unevenly shaded, we can restore their brilliance. Whiter teeth can brighten your face and make you more confident about your grin.
- Misalignment — Are your teeth crooked, unevenly positioned, overlapping or spaced out with gaps between them? We can correct these issues using orthodontic aligners and veneers.
- Missing teeth — If you have had a dental extraction or lost teeth for any reason, the way that you look, talk and eat can be affected. Your teeth may also shift to fill the gaps, causing misalignment and jaw problems. Dental implants, dentures and bridges can correct the issue.
- Hollow, sagging, gaunt areas in the face — The structure of your teeth and jaw affect your face shape. If you have lost fullness in your cheeks or lips, you may be able to correct the issue by optimizing your tooth and jaw structure.
- Chipped, broken teeth — Teeth that have structural blemishes, such as chips and cracks, can impair your appearance. They may also have sharp edges that damage the sensitive skin on your tongue. We can repair your teeth using veneers, dental bonding or crowns.
- Inconsistent proportions — Your smile may not look the way that you want it to if your teeth are not in proportion with each other or your face. We can lengthen short teeth or file long teeth to create aesthetically pleasing, symmetrical results.
- TMJ dysfunction — Temporomandibular joint problems, such as pain, clicking, popping, mobility loss, discomfort and swelling, are often caused by misalignment or injury. In some cases, we can correct the problems that contribute to TMJ syndrome.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
If you live in the Denison or Sherman area, have any of the issues that we listed above, and want to feel more confident about your oral health and appearance, you may be an ideal candidate for this procedure. However, your teeth and gums should generally be in good health. At our Sherman office, we can perform a dental exam to ensure that you are a candidate for the procedure. In some cases, we may have to correct other issues, such as decay, before beginning the smile makeover.
Still, this procedure is incredibly flexible. The team at North Texas Dental will only perform the procedures that are appropriate for your situation. We take a conservative stance, aiming to provide natural results with as few interventions as possible.
Contact North Texas Dental in Sherman for a consultation. We provide services to clients in the Denison and Sherman areas. Our dentists will evaluate your teeth, gums, jaw structure, bite pattern and dental health. We will also listen to your concerns and provide you with an honest assessment of the potential results. If you choose us to bring back your incredible smile, we will guide you through the entire process so that you understand what to expect and how to maintain your new look.
Book an appointment with us today by calling 903-893-2800!