If you want your smile to last a lifetime, then beware of gum disease. Gum disease can lead to many severe oral health complications, including cavities, tooth loss, and even bone loss in your jaw. That is why recognizing this condition can help you in treating it before it’s too late.
Our dentist, Dr. Michael Nguyen at North Texas Dental in Sherman, Texas, is trained to spot gum disease, and is happy to give you some advice about recognizing it.
Signs and symptoms of gum disease include:
– The presence of blood while brushing and flossing your teeth.
– Are your teeth sensitive? Gum disease may be to blame.
– If your gums are pulling away from your teeth and exposing more surface area of a tooth, gum disease may be the cause.
– Do your gums look different? Are they swollen and inflamed? If so, they may be infected.
– Did you know that halitosis can be caused by gum disease?
– If your teeth are moving out of position, are loose or pus is present between your teeth and gums, it may be linked to gum disease.
– Gum disease has been known to cause painful sensations when you are trying to eat.
Gum disease can cause serious problems for your smile. However, it can be treated with proper care and professional help. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need help treating gum disease, please call us today at 903-893-2800 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you.