Have you made plans to heal after a tooth extraction? Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any issues that can arise. Additionally, make sure to halt any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery, to ensure the highest chance of success and to minimize any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are some standard treatment methods for healing after a tooth extraction:
– Get plenty of rest and avoid all types of strenuous labor and exercise so that your smile has a chance to heal.
– Listen to the instructions given out by your dentist and follow them as instructed.
– Take any medications exactly as recommended by your dentist and should any pain persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Typically, the anesthesia will make eating or drinking difficult, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
– If any complications should arise during your recovery, speak with your dentist as soon as you can.
– Inflammation is common in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to minimize swelling.
If you are interested in a tooth extraction or a complete oral examination from North Texas Dental at our dentist office in Sherman, Texas, call us as 903-893-2800. Dr. Michael Nguyen and our team want to ensure your teeth remain happy for a lifetime to come.