If you require an oral exam or professional cleaning, make sure that our dentists check to determine if you are properly brushing and flossing your teeth. If you are slacking on your brushing skills for any reason, you will need to brush up on your skills and improve your daily teeth-cleaning procedures. To help you properly brush your teeth, we recommend following these techniques:
– Ideally, each brushing session should last for two minutes. During this time, make sure you clean all sides of each tooth, as well as your tongue, as it can also harbor bacteria. To clean between teeth, you will need an interdental cleaner such as dental floss or a water pick.
– Ensure that the products that you are using to brush your teeth are safe and non-abrasive. Use soft-bristled toothbrushes and non-abrasive toothpaste.
– Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle with the tip towards your gums. For your front teeth, brush vertically.
– Brush your teeth twice every day.
– Visit our dentist every 6 months for professional cleanings to reach areas that may have been missed during your daily brushing routines.
Regular brushing and dental visits are essential to maintaining a super smile. Come visit North Texas Dental to talk with Drs. Nguyen, Fuhrmann, and Draper about how you can improve your brushing techniques. Our dentists in Sherman, Texas, are here to help. You can set up your appointment by calling us at 903-893-2800.